Thursday, December 28, 2006

images from Christmas

A Christmas tradition I started when we had the boys was to bake a birthday cake for Jesus.  This year we did it with cupcakes.  Unfortunately, I don't have all my "stuff", so I had to improvise with an assortment of paper plates and such.  Looks pretty bad, but the boys liked the "tower"! 

Another tradition is to do an advent calendar.  Last year I bought a reusable calendar from www.desiringgod.org , John Piper's wife had created this burlap hanging with velcroed figurines.  Here it is complete with baby Jesus in place!

This is a picture of the star that mom bought for me at the flea market.  If you ever get to Oahu, you MUST go to the flea market at the stadium.  It's held every Wednesday and Saturday.  You get the BEST souvenier bargains.  This star was positioned in such a way that it was an eye hazard to me and Gary every time we passed it!!  LOL!

Cookies for Santa (oreos). 

Pictures of the boys:      Jake     

Ryan     

    gray haired me trying to open a gift  

yes, all they've done is play game boy  

 

And hold on to your hats, the best present ever.  I apologize in advance for causing you to covet.  My DH picked out this adorable purse for me.  He knows that I can't carry a shoulder strap purse any more.  And I've been eyeballing purses like this.  Isn't it darling??

I'm sorry if the pictures come out too small.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas. I love the cake. Your boys are so cute. I miss my kids being small. That purse is just too cute! Your husband did a good job. What a sweetie!!! Hope your feeling good.
Trish

Anonymous said...

I love the purse!  Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.  Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful Xmas.  Your purse is so cute!  And I love the idea of a cake for Jesus.  I'm with the boys....the tower is cool!
Have a great new year!
Pam