Wednesday, May 2, 2007

marathon update

I don't think I mentioned this before, I've really been upset by it.  But Gary came to the realization that his December Japan trip will coincide with the date of the marathon.  I would not be able to do the marathon because who would watch the boys for 8+ hours?

Susan would, that's who!  She's Patrick's mom, one of my mom friends in the VMW (vortex of motherly wisdom).  Her husband is running the marathon, so they will be up and there already.  The boys are best friends, so they will entertain each other - and she doesn't know this yet, but I'm taking a hotel room so they can even go there and swim.  She is a teacher and is SO GOOD with kids.  She's amazing.  She even offered to have the boys sleep over.

This would be such an answer to prayer.

Again, my problems are minor, but this made me really happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy it all worked out for you. I know you were geared up about doing this marathon. What a great friend to do that for you. She is going to love th hotel idea the kids will have so much fun.  
Trish

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got that worked out. You would be so disappointed if you couldn't do the marathon.  Good job!
Pam