Monday, July 2, 2007

one of my worst nightmares...

I'm sick of chocolate.  Is that possible?  Ugh, it sure feels like it.

Blech.

Please, someone tell my mom to stop cooking!  She made the Barefoot Contessa brownies again today, for a 4th of July block party.  But she forgot to put in the flour (this is SO classic mom, really, she's a good cook, but she's a little dingy sometimes).  So she forced us to first try a bite, and then later, eat some.  Meanwhile, all week we've been working on the chocolate sauce (for ice cream) that she made a double batch of.  Thankfully, she's decided to take the "brownies", so we won't be forced to eat more.  Really, the taste is fine, but it is not the right texture.  Not cakey at all, and not fudgey.  Very soft - and since it calls for a lot of butter, it's a bit greasy.  Brownies need a good chew factor.

Yuck.  I'm afraid to weigh myself.  I feel icky.  I had french fries at lunch and supper today.  <groan>  I'm sure my blood is barely pulsing past the cholesterol globs stuck to the sides of my arteries.

Anyway, I'm going to be taking guacamole and homemade salsa to the block party.  Eh, gotta get vegetables in somehow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgot the flour. Too funny. Sounds like something I would do. Hope you have a wonderful time at the party. I love guacamole! It's my favorite. After vacation you can walk it all off. What's a vacation without eating? lol
Trish

Anonymous said...

She forgot the flour?? LOL! That's classic!
Enjoy the party...I hope you have a great time.
Pam

Anonymous said...

ewww....on the brownies!!!!!  ewwww....
Becky
P.S.   Dare I say I am not a chocolate person....strange uh???

Anonymous said...

Sick of chocolate? this too shall pass! I'm a pastry addict...it's a good thing I'm not a baker.