Wednesday, October 3, 2007

fall break

This is the week of fall break.  Sometimes super busy, sometimes totally unbooked.  Monday we went with friends on a hike to Makapu lighthouse - hike is a fancy word for walk up a paved path for 1.2 miles to a lookout near the actual lighthouse.  It would be a great place to go whale watching when they come in December. 

We've also had tennis lessons, the first flag football meeting/practice (wanna be coach?  we need a coach!) and tomorrow is the zoo.  I'm exhausted.  We've had a lot of late nights recently.  Gary's been overbooked too at work, since the boss is out of town.  He was pouting tonight because I wanted to put the boys to bed at a decent time.  He hasn't been here to realize how little sleep the boys have been getting.    The kids are incapable of sleeping past 6:15a.m.  Put them to bed at 8:30 or 10:00, it doesn't matter.

I'm pouty myself that we didn't make fish tacos, as promised, on our last night of cooking class.  I know it sounds gross, but I wanted to try them!  I don't want to make them or order them in a restaurant not knowing what to expect.  You know?  The teacher kept saying how wonderful they are and how famous they are from this restaurant in San Diego.  I don't see going to San Diego anytime soon, or in my lifetime.

My spiritual life has taken an interesting turn.  A spurt of growth.  Growth spurt!  It's great, wonderful.  I won't elaborate, because I couldn't do it justice.  Let's just say that knowing God, being a Christian, is not boring.  It's an adventure.  And if it is boring, then you must be sleeping because, woo, it's not boring.  And if you beg to differ, then just take a gander at creation.  It takes a creative, interesting God to come up with some of his creations.  I can't wait to see some of them at the zoo tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be your coach if y`all pay room and board!  J/K, Hawai sounds like an awesome place to live.

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like you have been busy, but having fun. You are creating so many great memories with your kids. I love it.
I have heard of fish tacos. Never tried them. I bet they would be good.
Have fun at the zoo tomorrow. Take care,
Trish

Anonymous said...

LOL yep God makes life interesting one way or another. We have fall break next week.
Take care, Chrissie