Monday, February 18, 2008

race results, updates

Gary and I and some friends did the Great Aloha Run today.  I was the only walker in the group, but I held my own.  I'm very proud of my results because it was a personal best.  The race is 8.15 miles and I finished in 1 hour 48 minutes.  That's a 13:18 pace!!  Woo-hoo!  (all you runners stop laughing!)  Trust me, I was far from the back of the pack.  I finished in the top 50%.  :-D  I was surrounded by a lot of "runners"  (jog, jog, jog, stroll, stroll, stroll)

Gary told me he saw the backwards runner.  We saw him doing the marathon.  How fun!  I'm sure it's hard to do.

I have found some bras that I think will work for me.  I bought one of them.  They are by a company called Moving Comfort, which makes sports bras.  The ones I like are "low impact", so they are not binding, and they are somewhat attractive.  They are very comfortable and well made.  They are $30 a piece, so I only bought one.  I'm going to give it a test run for a while.  It's an underwire and I've never successfully worn underwires before.  I want to see how it holds up to washing.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna see you in the New York Marathon one day!!! You go girl! Good job.
Hope the bra works out for you and is comfy. I hate bra shopping. They are so expensive too. I wait for a good sale and stock up on the buy one get ones!!
Take care,
Trish

Anonymous said...

WOW you were walking FAST!! You go girl!! I'm proud of ya!
Pam