Tuesday, April 8, 2008

trip coming up soon!

Right now Gary is at the airport picking up his mom and sister.  They will be here until we get back from our Singapore trip. 

I've been cleaning the house all day, but it's still a mess.  Also I'm in the middle of a messy project.  Renovating the outdoor table and chairs.  Scrubbing off the rust with a wire brush and then spray painting it.  I've waffled on the color.  Initially I bought "almond" - but it's turned out to be yellowy-green.  The original color is a taupe-y beige.  So now I'm doing black.  Good ole black.  I'm hoping it'll be chic.  Then I need to find some new cushions.  These ones are mildewy and have been pooped on more than a few times.  (by birds)  I'm keeping the furniture because it's still in pretty good shape and the chairs are so comfortable.  They swivel and rock.

Anyway, Gary and I are leaving for Singapore on Friday morning.  I still need to make an itinerary!  I've figured out the money thing.  They have these things called Visa travel money cards.  It's like a debit card - but not attached to any account.  You load it with money and can use it at Plus machines.  Apparantly Singapore has a good share of ATM's.  It's the way to go.  And easy to get.  I'm going to buy ours at Safeway.  Easy peasy.

So, I just wanted to say that I may not get to post much more, if at all.  We will not be taking the laptop.  I don't want to have to deal with figuring out voltage conversions and risk blowing out our new laptop.  We will be back in town on the 19th.  Late.  Then it will take a few days to get back in sync and load all the pictures on the pc.

The most important thing I've done to prepare for the trip?  Make all my reconstruction progress pictures "invisible"!  Wouldn't want my MIL stumble upon those!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Singapore?? What an adventure! I hope you guys have a GREAT time! I can't wait to hear about it and see your pictures! Be careful, and have FUN!
Pam