Tuesday, January 27, 2009

not so terrifying...

PSA: terrifying Tuesday has been cancelled for this week, due to the absence of an important family member. We must suffer together!

Gary is in Kansas until Friday. So I'm taking advantage of this time. I'm feeding the boys junk while I suffer through the "amazing soup diet". It will be a week of terror for me. Right now my tongue has been assaulted by lunch - between the balsamic vinegar and the firey 3 pepper hummus. I do not feel done, so I'm heating up some soup - good thing it's cold today.

I made the gargantuan vat of soup yesterday. Half is in the freezer and half is taking over the fridge. What you do is you take two cups of the soup and add things to it to make it different. Yesterday was minestrone, tonight is mexican chicken. AND, you can have just the plain soup as a snack if you get hungry during the day. Yeah, just thinking about having that as a snack makes you really think twice about whether or not you are hungry! So see, it works!

Here is the link to the recipes: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet/soup-diet-basic-recipe-1007
*****************************************************************************
okay, if you don't like medical talk, then this is the time to stop reading... seriously TMI

On the health front... I'm a total hypochondriac. Today I noticed a spot on my incision that looked a little bloody and indented. It's been almost 2 weeks, so it shouldn't be bleeding. I took my shower and it's all gone. I think it was dried blood. Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on it. About 20 times a day.

(big quease factor here)
I went bra shopping today and accidentally yanked on a stitch that's hanging off the end of one of my incisions. Ouch! Second time that's happened. These stitches are supposed to dissolve. I guess not any time soon. The first time I thought it was a hair caught under the tape, so I deliberately pulled - until I realized... I'm giving myself the shivers here!

1 comment:

Trish said...

My husband lost 25 pounds living off of soup. Mostly Progresso light. He eats soup and a salad for dinner almost everyday. I am going to have to try that recipe!
I also had some disolving stictches and some of them never disolved. I had a knot on the end that I had to take tweezers and pull out...youch...then I had another spot that the skin grew over and the doc had to tweeze it out...yuck..
Hope your feeling better and things are healing good.
Trish