Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pineapple: the Final Chapter

We have harvested and digested the pineapple. It was wonderful. In honor of little Pineappley, I will pay homage to it with a photo recap of it's short life.

January - first appearance



February - covered in flowers


April - getting bigger! looks like a real pineapple


May - emerald green, beautiful



June 8 - starting to get a suntan! almost time to harvest!


Comparing with a store bought pineapple - my guy is little



The next day - all gold, yet the presence of ants made me decide it was time to harvest. Isn't it beautiful?



June 12 - stored it in fridge until we were ready to eat it. (had to finish off the big one first) Looks just like a real pineapple inside! (in miniature)



I cut it using the fancy cut they taught me at the Dole Plantation. (it's the only way I cut pineapple - nothing is too fancy for my family)



We had homemade pizza along with our (organic, pesticide-free, free range) pineapple boat.
ONO!


1 comment:

Trish said...

Oh the Pineapple! I missed the eating of the pineapple. Looks like it was a good little harvest..
I have been so out of the loop.
I see a lot is going on with you! I have to catch up in the morning though. It's late...I got up to go to the bathroom and wandered onto the computer.
Hope everything is going good.
Trish