Sunday, October 25, 2009

my next marathon...

Yep. That's my announcement. I just sent in the application for the next marathon I'm gonna do. The Atlanta ING marathon. It's in March. I'm very nervous about it because this marathon has a time limit, not like the Honolulu Marathon which has no time limit. In theory, I should be able to finish in plenty of time, but it's hilly here! That slows me down quite a bit. However, I'll be training on the hills, so hopefully I'll get faster on them. Also the cold has be worried. I dont' know what the weather will be like in March, and I don't know how to dress in this weather, and I don't know how I'll be able to consistantly train in the winter and during the holidays. Living here near family, we are obligated to visit for extended periods. So I'll have to carve in the time to walk, plus I'll have to figure out walking routes.

On my other two marathons, I've not had a doubt I could do them. Now I have doubts. i'm even unsure about my shoes. I've not been happy with my usual shoes, not cushy enough. So I just bought a new pair and I'm not sure about them. And you shouldn't be fooling around with that during training. I need to get properly fitted.

This will really bring me to my knees in prayer! It's good to challenge oneself.

No comments: