Saturday, October 4, 2008

t-shirt design

I've got a good design in the works!  My teammates approve - actually they encourage me to make it BIGGER.  I guess when it comes to all things chest, the bigger the better...  LOL!  I had gone out and bought some software - did a bonehead thing and bought something that wasn't Vista, I thought it was.  Looked online and they have a patch to make it compatible - so I got to work right away.  The girls want to do a screenprint - which makes it limiting in colors.  We want to keep it down to 3 colors.  I don't know if that would look better than an iron on.  Considered cafe press, but it would be pricey, and the selection of shirts are limited and I doubt it would be delivered in time although I bet they would have the best results.

To answer your question Trish, they gave me a couple of options.  There are two other plastic surgeons for me to choose from, but one is my next door neighbor - so it's a 'no' on him.  The other guy I will meet in two weeks - I have an appointment to meet him and he'll administer the shots I'm getting in my scar to help reduce it. (keloid)  My PS is said to be coming back a couple of days a week starting in November to finish up some of his current patients - I fall in this category.  At this point, I think it's too late to do any surgery, no matter how minor, until the marathon.  So I'm looking at mid-December regardless who I choose.  Plus I'm not sure how follow-up care would work.  What if something goes wrong?  It's just one procedure though - supposedly a simple one.  I don't want to break in a new surgeon!!  Ugh.  I hate this situation.  So unless this new guy is a real moron, I'll probably go with him.  I briefly met him - he was one of the crowd at my last appointment.  He didn't say a word.  He seemed a bit homorless - which would be polar opposite of my current guy.  I guess that doesn't matter if he's good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the design! There will be pictures right? lol
Again I am so sorry that you have to deal with picking a new doctor. I guess if you go with the new guy that you met you won't be pulling any tattoo jokes on him..or maybe you should do it just to loosen him up a little..spongebob to the rescue!! lolol
Trish

Anonymous said...

Lots of really good Docs have ZERO personality. Don't go by that, ok? I'm serious, too.
Good luck to you sweetie!
Pam