Wednesday, March 5, 2008

adventures in cooking

I like to cook.  Well, it's more that I like to eat and with that comes trying out new recipes.  I like the results of cooking, I wouldn't want to be a cook in a restaurant.  So maybe I don't really like to cook, I like to eat.  But that's not what this entry is about.  I digress...

I've been experimenting lately.  I went the Irish route - experimenting with reuben sandwiches and irish soda bread.  I came to the conclusion that I'm not Irish, I should not try to pretend I am!

I also tried to make my own hummus.  Horrible.  Bitter.  I used a recipe from the Oprah website.  I'll buy from now on.

Those are the disasters.  I've had luck with two new recipes.  White chicken chili - YUM!  And oatmeal whole wheat bread for the bread maker.

Sorry, I just realized the time.  Time to pick up the boys at school.  I'll try to come back with the recipes!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love the oatmeal whole wheat bread recipe. I have been thinking about making hummus. I wonder why it turned out bitter. Now I'm afraid..lol

Anonymous said...

lol I love to eat too, I rather buy things already made, I am to lazy to try and make things.