Friday, March 14, 2008

potty mouth

So I went to a yard sale last weekend and scored my favorite movie on video.  The Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Ackyroyd (sp?).  I've seen it a million times, but only on t.v.

Welllllll, let me tell you my surprise.  The whole family and I parked ourselves in front of the t.v. to settle in for a good laugh.  I was quickly horrified at the amount of swearing in this movie!  My goodness the censor people must have been super busy sanitizing this movie for t.v.  And it's rated PG!!  Horrible, horrible.

Then, Tuesday, I usually take the boys to AWANA and me and Gary will watch the Biggest Loser while they are gone.  But we had a dentist appointment that afternoon and didn't get dinner fixed or homework done in time.  So the boys watched the show with us.  They attempt to beep and blur mouths - but give me a break.  These people act like cussing is normal and justified.  That they are soo stressed they couldn't possibly find another set of words to express themselves.  Preferably words of the English variety.  TV these days beeps only a select few curse words.  They must think that the rest of them are part of normal English venacular.  I can tell them it's not so.  Anyway, Ryan was sitting beside me and I noticed him covering his eyes.  Then he said that he could guess the words they were trying to beep out.  Great.  Just great.

Chalk one up for stellar parenting.  *sigh*

I believe the people in the television industry don't have children of a tender young age.  Because if they did, their hardened, world worn shell would become sensitive to the more delicate things of life.  Yes, I'm being judgemental.  And I should.  I should also tell them and not just leave it on this silly journal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%! I can't stand the language that is out there now. Not just for my son...but for me! Some of my friends were talking about the age of the TV writers now...and we figured it must be younger people....'cause I can't imagine people my age allowing that. But, maybe I'm wrong. Either way...it's enough to make me not watch.
Pam