Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back from Singapore

I took over 250 pictures, so there's no way I'll put them on here!  I'll have to pick and choose a few that capture the week.  I like this picture - Gary doesn't!  We're in a museum that's about the history of Singapore and we were given the okay to do this and get our picture taken.  We are NOT molesting the museum!

I highly recommend Singapore as a vacation destination.  English is everywhere - no problem there.  Public transportation is very good - a must since they drive on the wrong side of the road. <wink>  They have more McDonald's on their island than on this island!  And Starbucks!  I pride myself on the fact that I never ate at those places.  I did get some Coke Lights there (diet coke) - but I mostly ate local style food.  I was stunned to see that they also had Burger King, KFC, and Long John Silvers.  Kinda appalled to see so many American fast food joints.

It's all about food - so I'll be talking about that a lot.  I experimented, within reason.  I ate mostly chicken or vegetarian dishes - I wasn't going to go the seafood route.  But I did eat things that I couldn't tell you what it was.  Everything I ate was good.  I'll tell you that.

Food is a national pastime there, I do believe.  But it is not an obese nation.  Frankly, a little too skinny.  (is there such a thing as too skinny?)  So there are some secrets that our country could certainly learn. 

I'm way behind on cleaning the house and editing the pictures, so I really don't have time to do a proper update now.  I'm just reporting that I had a great time and I'm back!  The boys and the in-laws survived too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I love the picture!! too funny.
Glad you had fun.
I would love to see more pictures!
Trish