Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lahaina noon

Yesterday was a Lahaina noon day.  I'm sorry I didn't have my camera with me to take pictures.  This is the deal.  It's a day when the sun is directly overhead at noon, making your shadow the smallest ever, or non-existent if you are a flag pole.

We had fun yesterday.  The church had a picnic at Kailua Beach Park, complete with baptism in the ocean.  The skies were clear and beautiful and it was windy - I think it's always windy there.  The boys played in the sand.  A bunch of them were digging to china.  At the end, Ryan had thrown sand in Jake's face - where sand went up Jake's nose (thankfully not in his eyes) and Jake decided the best way to get the sand out was to stick his finger up there.  Hence the nose bleed.  Oy.  And  with his delicate nose, it requires a 10 minute steady pinch to get it to stop.  Good time to go home.

It was very crowded at the beach park.  Tons of people picnicing and grilling.  The water was just about as crowded, with kite surfers, wind surfers, paddle surfers, regular surfers, boogie boarders, kayakers, snorkelers - oh, and swimmers and frolickers.  Much too crowded for jellyfish or sharks.  I do believe the ocean level must have raised a few inches with all the bodies that entered it yesterday.  Even if just for a few hours.

Yesterday the cubscouts went out to the local veterans cemetary and put flags and leis on the grave markers.  I have pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet.

Gotta go shower.  My main task for today is to find a strapless bra or one that has those clear straps.  I have a retirement ceremony of a good friend to go to on Thursday and I've got the perfect skinny strap dress to wear.  Hopefully I'll find something without causing too much emotional distress.

No comments: