Sunday, October 21, 2007

the Komen race - today

Team Pokie Moms!  (at least the race participants - I do have some mainland team members who couldn't join us)  From the left: Vivian, me (in pink of course!), Susan and Jenny.

After the race, notice the blatant Go Girl product placement.  Try not to notice the chunky lily white legs.  We were trying to show off our pink ribbon tatts on our arms.  It shows up brighter on me since I'm so fair.  Believe it or not, this is me tan...

We didn't win anything, but had a great time.  Everyone else ran the race, I just walked fast.  Faster than I normally walk, so I was worn out.  I did the 5K in 42 min 30 sec.  There were lots of freebies being handed out, so the Go Girl was free.  I bought some hot pink shoe laces for $1.

I'm kinda sleepy, so I might take a power nap before eveyone gets home from the camping trip.  I got up this morning at 4:30.  The boys have been camping all weekend and Gary was with them.  So I've had a little "me" time.  It went too fast.  Gary leaves tonight to go to Alaska until Friday. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is all that matters is that you had a great time!

get some rest!


~make it a great day!~
         Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

wtg!!!  I am so proud of you!!!!
Becky