Wednesday, January 7, 2009

the first Terrifying Tuesday and pre-op appt.




Boy, it came fast! Well, today was the first terrifying tuesday so I decided to take it easy on them and prepare one of the safer looking recipes. I chose Barbecued Raspberry-Hoisin Chicken. I got the recipe off the weight-watchers website. I'm not sure if there is some sort of copyright infringement to posting other people's recipes, so I won't do it unless I know it's okay. Let's just say this recipe is a winner, and it's pretty heart healthy. The hoisin is the most suspect item, but the sauce really is only a light coating, so it couldn't be too bad.
The reason this recipe was chosen is because I grill a LOT and need some more inventive grilling recipes. I'm kinda on a "mix fruit with different items" kick. Plus my boys don't do Chinese food. So this exposes them to Chinese flavors. Hopefully we can start going to Chinese restaurants as a family!
I served the chicken with brown rice and salad.
The verdict: well, it was very tastey. Everyone gave it a thumbs up. It was fairly easy to prepare - you have to prepare in advance so it marinates. I think cutting the chicken and putting it on the skewers is the most taxing part, if you want to call it taxing. LOL! Chicken thighs are such a weird part of the chicken. The recipe will be put in the keeper file.
*****************************************************************************
yesterday I went to my doc for a pre-op appointment. I can't believe I'm finally getting near the end of this long recon process. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. My doc, yes, you can feel it coming can't you, is going to be deployed for 6 months, starting 2 weeks after my surgery! Can you believe it? I've only met him a couple of times! I'll barely be recovered! And I'll be moved before he returns. He wasn't happy about that. He told me he'd give me his email so I can send pictures if there is a problem. IF he's somewhere that allows email. Yeah, like they'd even allow partially nude pictures, even for medical purposes. (not like it's a real boob or anything) I guess it's that or see my next door neighbor! The horror! LOL! Yeah, so pray for good healing! He's more worried about the scar revision than the other procedure. Especially since I'm allergic to tape and it's in the line of the bra band. He said no running or exercises that rub for 6 weeks. Ugh. I really need to exercise to keep control of my weight. So I'll be on a quest to find out what I can do. It sounds like biking.
Anyway, he wanted to take pictures. This is normal. Yes, the humiliations never ends, but it's normal. When I first stood there, he said, "Dr. xxxx did a good job matching the size." So that made me feel good. It's not a perfect match, but it's good to know that you got an acceptable result. There are always doubts, and I can see every flaw.
There is a lot to post about this process, but it's getting late, and the subject is a bit awkward. So I'll sign off for now! Aloha!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm sorry that your Doc won't be able to follow your recovery. I will be keeping you in my prayers for a full and fast recovery.
That recipe sounds like it was good! That's my kind of cooking...easy and GOOD!

Trish said...

Sounds like Terrifying Tuesday went great! I love it.
I have to go back and read the rest of your posts now so I can catch up. Sounds like you have a good doctor too bad he can't do the follow up :(