Thursday, January 15, 2009

Terrifying Tuesday #2 and how I'm doing

Last night's recipe was for Sweet Potato Fritters. I got it out of Heart Healthy Mediterranian Diet cookbook I have (can't remember the title right off the top). Let's cut to the chase - thumbs down all around. And let's face it, it's fried! How heart smart is that? Yucko.

Today was my surgery, I'm home and fine. I've only thrown up 3 or is it 4 times. I don't understand - I always tell them about the throwing up, and sometimes it helps and sometimes not. Whenever I move, like sitting up from a lying down position, I get nauseaus. So, I'm sitting up until bedtime. I won't take pain meds until bedtime, so I won't have the need to lie down until then. What really ticks me off is this dressing they sent me home in. They piled on the fluffy gauzy stuff and then wound it around very loosely. Too loosely because I have to hold it up when I walk around. My new bit is not staying covered. I know he doesn't want it mashed, but still! I have to wear this bulky getup until Friday. The worst part is that my scar repair side has been hurting like the dickens to I peeked under the gauze, after a chunk fell out, and saw that some of the tape, about 2 inches, that is on my incision area, was stuck to the gauze. I freaked out! I had to call in Gary to hold a mirror while I cut the tape. (he was too freaked to cut) The loose wrapping is inconvenient, the tape incident is disappointing.

But otherwise, I'm fine. The new bit looks gorey, but healthy. I'm just worried about the placement. I won't be able to judge that until I can wear normal clothes again. Not that anything can be done about it. It seems a little to the side, but he said that he got it as close to the center as he could. I was involved in the marking process. He would measure and mark and then take a picture and show me and we would discuss.

Anyway, doc is being deployed next week, not in 2 weeks. That's the Army for you. I don't know what's going to happen. We'll see. I just hope I make it to Friday. Somehow I have to coordinate childcare and such. I'm not being seen in public! I'm picking those kids up in my car!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm proud of you! You've been through so much and you don't let your spirits get you down.
Hope that everything turns out as you want it to.
xoxox

Trish said...

I hope your feeling good. I hope your not too sore and the bandages are holding up. Take care and get some rest so you can heal.
Trish