Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Terrifying Tuesdays #3 - the burning has finally stopped

Heh, heh, heh. No pictures again this time.

The dish: Cajun Stew
so yeah, you expect spicy. But yowza! Let me start by telling you about the dish. It has tofu, and it has a sausage-like faux product. Boca sausage links. And veggies and stuff. Spices. I should have known. I did. Actually, it called for 1 tsp crushed red pepper and 1 tsp. cayenne pepper and thought, wow! that's a lot! So I put in 1/2 tsps. Really, I should have started with just 1/8 or 1/4 tsp and tasted then added more if necessary. I cannot imagine how hot it would have been with the full amount.

I think it's a recipe worth tweaking. I chose the Boca breakfast sausage links. While the recipe just called for a soy product sausage links, I'm thinking breakfast sausages were the wrong choice. Do they make a soy based andouille? (sp?)

So the verdict is a no - not as is. Gary gave it a 3/4 thumbs up. No one gave it a total thumbs down. Anywhere between halfway and 3/4 down.

Tonight we are having flank steak to make up for last night. :-)
***********************************************************************************
I just finished watching Dr. Phil and his topic was posting private info on the internet. And I do wonder about journaling on such a public place. Especially weird stuff like the fembot post. Why be so personal? But I think back to the beginning of when I got diagnosed with BC and how important it was for me to link up with other warriors. How those who had gone before me had shared their experiences and prepared me for what was to come and getting/giving support from others who were fighting alongside me. So yeah, I have some odd/personal posts, but I'd like to think that some of those just might help somebody else. And if I make some friends along the way, then that's a bonus!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I agree, I think about what I have written and think...hmmm...should I make my journal private, but then I think it could be helping someone and answer some questions they might have. That's how I found the journals. When I got BC I searched it and found tons of journals about it.