Tuesday, January 8, 2008

and now we have palate expanders!

I'm sure that many, many of my future journal entries will be about Jake's new palate expanders.  He got the one on his lower teeth before Christmas, but the dentist couldn't get the top ones on, so he had to be remolded and that sent of for new ones to be made.  Today he got the top ones on and the bottom ones recemented (of course, he knocked it off after a few days of getting it, he's a boy, what do you expect). 

So, twice  week I have to "turn" it.  Whew.  At least it's not every day.  I hope this process doesn't take too long.  I'm already tired of brushing and flossing around the thing, now I have to worry about the uppers too.  Do they still sell that waterpik thing?  That might be worth getting to shoot the food out from inbetween all the wires and stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember having something in my mouth when I was a kid that had to be turned each day. Yeah...they still sell the water pik I think. That would be good.
Pam