Tuesday, November 7, 2006

I'm sad

Mom and Dad are off to the airport.  I hate saying goodbye.  It's so quite around here.  Even if they weren't noisy people, their presence is gone.  I'm all boo-hooey now.  The boys are in bed now.  It was so sad to see them say goodbye.  I think they are old enough to really start feeling it.

sorry, I just had to go off and cry a bucket.  They've been here for 10 1/2 weeks.  We've lived here longer with them than without them.

sorry.  I had to cry another bucket.  I don't know why I'm having such a hard time.  I'm crying more now than when I was diagnosed with cancer.

This morning I had my last follow up appointment post surgery.  They are pleased that it looks like the redness is almost gone.  I have to take the cream for another week.  Just in case I guess.  I saw the plastic surgeon and told him my concerns.  He said I probably tore a muscle and that was normal.  He said it would happen probably 10 more times before all was said and done.  And that the fill process is all about tearing the muscle.  Yeowch!   He said that people start feeling worse at the 3 week mark because we are becoming more mobile.  So at least I was put at ease.    My fills will start in 3 more weeks, at the 6 week mark.  That will be right after Thanksgiving.  I'll have the start of my new booby for the new year.

Gary is back.  Now I'll go cry on his shoulder while he rolls his eyes and laughs at me.  :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter how old we get, when we arent feeling so well we still find comfort from our Mother's. Mine just took me for my 4th chemo (half way mark yahooo) I always feel better sooner when my Mother takes care of me! lol

Anonymous said...

So nice to see the love in the boys eyes for their grandparents--and what proud grandparents!  So glad they could spend such a long time with you, when you really needed them.  My Mom has been gone for nearly fifty years--and I still MISS her!  Much love, LaVern