Wednesday, January 3, 2007

enjoying the break

I'm enjoying having the kids home.  They don't go back to school until AFTER MartinLutherKing Jr. day.  Tomorrow I plan on taking them to a botanical gardens for a little fun.  They've been playing with the neighbor kids, which is a nice break.  Gary's been home a lot, well, Monday and today.  He had to go in to work on Saturday - grrrr - and Friday which was supposed to be a holiday.  But he's taking this Thursday and Friday off and Mon-Wed off.  We are going to the Big Island Monday through Wednesday.  We are going to take a helicopter tour of the volcano.  I'm so excited!!  I hope the boys cooperate.  They get so scared over things.  They've been concerned that the doors would be open.  The last time Gary and I went to the big island we tried to get a helicopter tour, but it got rained out.  We are going to stay in a little cabin on Kilauea (I know I didn't spell that right).  There is so much to do in just the few days we will be there.  I need to get right to planning it.  I'm really excited about being able to wear warm clothes.  It's going to get down to the 40's or 50's!!  I need to see if my jeans still fit.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love being a mom and I love these boys.  They are at such a good age.  They really crack me up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so happy you love being a mom. It sounds like fun. I must say I think I would freak out if I was in a helicopter. Have fun.